Friday, May 6, 2011

Portabella Mushroom Pesto Pizzas


Wow, I haven't posted (or been on my blog for that matter) in a really long time! I missed out on a lot in the blog world but hopefully I will get to catch up soon, I know for a fact I've missed some really great posts. Since I have been so busy I haven't had a lot of time to make anything too complicated. However, I did get a chance to rekindle my love for pesto when I made these quick and easy mushroom pizzas. These are almost too simple to call a recipe but they are too delicious not to share.

As soon as those final grades have been posted and I can forget about the crazy semester I just had I have some exciting things in store! I won a Chocomize giveaway over at The Nutty FlexitALLIEan and I think some chocolate may be coming your way in the form of a giveaway soon. Even more recently, as if to make sure I did not go crazy during finals week, the incredibly sweet Junia over at Mis Pensamientos had a giveaway for Sunbutter that I won and I have my eye on a few cookie recipes that will soon be made and hopefully posted.

This recipe is made super simple by utilizing store bought pesto but if you make your own definitely use it (and then send me the recipe, I haven't made a pesto worth keeping yet!)

2 medium or 1 large portabella mushroom
1/8 cup pesto (store-bought or homemade)
1/4 cup shredded parmesan
1 tsp olive oil or olive oil sprayer

Preheat oven to 400F
Wipe the tops of the mushrooms with a wet paper towel to get any dirt off of them, remove the stems
Use a spoon to gently scrape the gills out from the inside of the mushroom and throw them away
Spray or rub olive oil on the mushrooms and place them on a tinfoil covered baking sheet, stem side down
Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the mushrooms are easily pierced with a fork

Flip the mushrooms over and fill the cap with pesto, top with cheese and broil until the cheese is melted

Serve while hot, I like to eat mine with a fork and knife, on occasion I will plop the caps on some spinach and a sandwich thin if I feel like something a little more substantial

Servings 1
Per serving 365 calories
Related Posts with Thumbnails